Back to school/ work

I would like some advice, i want to go to school for medical billing/coding. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• There are tons of online or mail courses you can take. Google it and you will have plenty to look through
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Most community colleges offer that, so I would look at their website and talk to an academic adviser. GL
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have bad news for you. As hospitals and medical offices move to EMR, or Electronic Records Management, billing and coding will not longer exist. Unless you see lots of local job openings, don't waste your money.

Instead, go to a community college, and take Microsoft Office classes (at least Word, Excel and Powerpoint), along with one or two bookkeeping classes (make sure to learn QuickBooks.).

Answer by rkoloms at 2:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011