Do you have workout shoes?

Do you guys use your everyday shoes to workout or do you have a pair of workout shoes. I usually just use the same shoe but I bought my pair of shoes right now hurt my feet. At first they did not but the last 2 days they have been hurting my feet while working out. Come to think about it they hurt if I were them to long. So maybe it is the shoe.

But back to the point. Do you have a pair of workout shoes or just use your everyday shoes?

jnb71584

Asked by jnb71584 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have cheap ones for working out. LOL, but for cheap they are really nice. First they have elestic instead of show laces on top so they can slip on and off and are roomy. And they breathe really well. They are Danskin Now's that were on clearance for $7 at Wal-Mart.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Sounds like you need some different shoes. Do you have a running store where you are? They'll watch how you walk and measure your feet and find the right shoes for the activities you're doing. Yes, it's more expensive, but MAN it makes a difference! I have a pair of running shoes and a pair of gym shoes that I wear separately from my every day shoes. I don't want them to wear differently, and with how much I've spent on them, I want to make them last longer. I wore them for every day use for a couple of days when I got them to help break them in, but from there, they're been strictly for the activities mentioned. I usually retire them to everyday use when I buy a new pair. All of your weight is on your feet, so it's worth investing in good shoes to prevent issues later on that aren't just in your feet, but in your knees, hips, back, and even shoulders and neck.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Curse my wide feet!! Walmart does not really sell a whole lot of wides and when they do they are not many options.
    jnb71584

Comment by jnb71584 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have pretty wide feet and these ones are pretty good. They still have some discounted online, though I got mine in store...wish they had those particuliar ones to show you but the elastic wear laces would be makes them flexible width wise. But they have a lot of sneakers that are mary jane style so they are open and breathe but still offer the comfort and balance of a sneaker
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I also have wide feet. That's part of what I love about being measured and accurately fitted. I also have low arches, so they help me find the right shoes for my feet.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have shapeups for walking
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I just got a new pair. I bought some New Balance ones 2 years ago and recently started getting a horrible callous on my foot and it hurt all day long. I went back and found another great pair of New Balance shoes and my foot has quit hurting! I just love that brand for cross training.

I have a different pair for running.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have to wear sas
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I always have a pair just for working out. They were expensive but so worth it. I walk 3 miles/5 days a week and my feet love my shoes. I get them at the running store. When I belonged to a gym I hated when people wore their everyday shoes and got the equipment dirty.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think I have a pair of New Balance type shoes for when I was doing PT a few years ago. They worked out great. Sometimes I'd wear a pair of Sketchers (not the Shape Ups, though).
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2011