any advice on how to relax?

i am a 17 year old mom of a 3 month old

engagedandloved

Asked by engagedandloved at 10:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When the baby is down for a nap, take some time just for you i.e. journal writing, reading or a nice hot bath to ease the tension of a newborn. If you have someone in your life helping you with your baby, ask them to watch the baby for an hour or two just so you can rest and take a nap yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• well... you need to think about why you're stressed out in the 1st place.

im sure being 17 doesn't help, being a mother isn't easy and even harder for a young one. Hopefully you stil have support from your parents and if you do be grateful. If the father is in the picture.. be greatful. IF you baby is happy and healthy - BE GRATEFUL.

Rmemeber that whatever you are going through will eventually pass. If you're having a hard time accepting the fact that you are a mother, just htink that some women CAN NEVER have children and that your family has been blessed. Do not pay attention to people's negativity and ignorance. Love your baby no matter what, and rememeber that right now your biggest role is to be a GOOD mother to your child.

you're going to blink and he/she is already graduating college...

21 with a 15month old.
    newmommyy322

Answer by newmommyy322 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It will not hurt the baby to be alone for 2 minutes. If you get to a point in the day where you are super stressed out, put the baby down in a safe place like the crib or swing, and go into the other room and just breath. Scream into a pillow if that's what you need. The more sleep you get the better you will feel so try to nap when the baby does. Get the baby into a play group. It will give you a chance to hang out with other moms and vent. Go for a walk. The fresh air will help to relax both you and your baby. I still have to do that with my son a lot. I will also extend this to you...I joined this site to connect with other moms, so if you need to vet, email me. I check this thing all the time and am always looking for new moms to chat with. Good, luck and hang in there. Again...It will get easier.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 2:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2008