• In the Spotlight:

Implanon

So I just got my second Implanon inserted, I can't believe it has already been 3 years since the first!! I LOVED it, no AF in almost ALL that time and no babies.. (LOL!)

Just wondering if anyone else has one, either for the 1st or 2nd time, and your thoughts on it. Everyone is composed differently, and BC really proves it!! Not too many females get the same responses, even when using the same kind....MotherNature, a maker of distinct individuals...LOL!

PrincessStacy

Asked by PrincessStacy at 1:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Health

• I'm thinking of getting it but don't know much about it. How do they put it in? Does it hurt?
    Anonymous

• No, they numb the area first, then use a needle to insert it. The first doctor was awesome, but the one today not so, BUT it could be because I got one removed--yes that HURTS, then one reinserted, so my arm feels kinda weird right now. If your body responds well to it, it is wonderful--although I gained weight--not very much, but any is too much!! I never did on the pill, but sometimes I forget to take it or couldn't afford to fill it--hence I have TWO boys!! LOL!! Definaly talk to your gyn about it!
    PrincessStacy

Comment by PrincessStacy (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011