Cold or warm milk?

Does your 2 year old still get warm milk or do you give them cold milk? My husband will not give my 2 year old twins and 1 year old cold milk. So every time I give them milk they want it warm. I have tryed giving it to them alittle colder each time but the problem is when my husband is home (he is home 3 days out of the week) he warms their milk up so it's super warm that's how they want it when he's not home. So my husband isn't let me break that pattern.

momoftwins250

Asked by momoftwins250 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If your husband doesn't agree to what you do, then just tell the kids that the warm mild is "daddy's way" and the cold milk is "mommy's way"! After they complain for awhile, they will eventually realize that it's just how it is. Don't get into lots of discussion with them about it though! Just make your statement and that's all you have to say. With the parents that I work with, so many of them have spouses that just want to do things differently. It's really fine because it's nothing major. Kids do learn that daddy does things differently than mommy. I hear that a lot with bath times that both do it differently! Kids do get used to it and it's won't hurt them to learn to be adaptable. Good luck!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 3:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• as soon as they transitioned to milk they got it cold. the only time i warm it up is if they have a glass before bed or their tummies are hurting.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My son has been drinking cold milk or cold formula since he was about 10 months old.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• When we transitioned to milk, my son got it cold. The only milk I warm is the one right before bed.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2011