Do you ever vote down an answer?

LOL. I got my first voted down answer and so did most of these people on a particular post. What would make you vote down an answer? Is it the one answer you weren't looking for or was it a mean answer? For me to vote down an answer, it would have to be over an attack-type rampage but mostly, I leave it alone and don't vote at all. I like to vote up most of the time if there's a good answer or one that at least applies to the question.

Philly247

Asked by Philly247 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I don't vote down in general. If someone has a different opinion, I just ignore it and move on. Everyone is entitled to their thoughts. If someone is bitter, scorned and flippant about their answer like the one who responded here, I will vote it down. Have a great day ladies. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I usually don't unless someone was really mean.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I downvote arrogance and ignorance.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• only if it's unnecessarily mean or just plain unhelpful.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• rarely. i do wish i could vote down a question sometimes. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I totally respect a difference of opinion & will not vote down those types of answers. I save my vote downs for the mean-spirited, insulting, answers. Most people like that dont care if they get them or not, but it's a nice option to have! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Anonymous, I didn't vote you down. I think we know who did.

Actually it was me, because even though you might have disagreed with Swanson's answer it wasn't particulary "bitter" or flippant", I found it just showed annoyance at people getting offended over downvotes. Anon's response however was flippant, and rather juvenile to boot. I voted you down too for jumping to conclusions with inaccurate information.

See Like I said, it just depends!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I vote down fairly regularly. Mostly just mean or totally off topic answers, or those who answer with "IDK" or something. I don't see what the big deal is. If someone wants to vote down an answer they don't agree with, that's what the votes are there for: to show if you agree or disagree, just like on Yahoo.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have voted down before, but, ignorance is bliss, know what I mean?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have. It just depends on the answer. I might vote down if the answer is completely irrelevant or incorrect, becasue I disagree with an opinion, or I think the responder is being an ass trying to start drama. It just depends.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2011