Where to move?

I live in Ohio and would like to move. Any opinions about Texas, Florida, or Carolinas?? Any Pros and Cons would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Travel

• I lived in NC for several years. Very pretty.
    Mammaw0604

Answer by Mammaw0604 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I've never lived in any of those states but when I decided I wanted to move (I haven't yet though), I made a list of all the things I wanted in a place to live and then did my research and found a place I thought would suit my needs AND my wants. A few things I considered were proximity to family, job opportunities, schools, economy, area living expenses vs. average salaries for jobs pertaining to my career in the area, neighborhoods and their safety, as well as things I like in a place to live such as weather, not too far from the beach. being near a larger city, etc.
    Anonymous

• I love living in Texas -- there are no state taxes and the weather is generally decent year-round. With that being said, it gets SOOOO hot here in the summers and then spring and fall will kill you if you have seasonal allergies! I recomend Colorado!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You will still have a change of seasons in the Carolinas. You might not miss that at first if you move to FL or TX, but you will at some point.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would love to move to florida. Cons the economy does not seem to be doing that well, pros beach, cheap housing, good luck and how exciting to be moving!!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 11:56 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Florida and Texas is without income tax. So that's a plus but it does have it's hot weather and hurricane season to worry about.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Look into Arkansas. It sint everyones cup of tea but I have been here 10 yrs and have really come to appreciate the natural state. Little Rock is a great little "big city". You learn to tolerate the summer.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I live in OH and I have lived in TX, FL and North Carolina. I promise, you won't like any of those places. It's a culture shock. The cost of living in FL is high, some parts of TX are costly to live in and the ones where it's not are hotter than Hades and drying up fast on water supply and NC at least is just dirty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2011