Hubby n 5 month old baby!?!?

okay so my hubby works at a turkey farm hours range anywhere from 8-12 hours a day..well we have 3 children 4yr,2yr, n 5 months old..well i do my zumba workout at home after our 2 older kids r in bed n that gives him n baby bondin time together. right!?!? not really. he sits there n watches tv or plays his video games i know he need his(him) time to but i would perfer he spends a lil time with the baby..he always makes lil jokes like ive been through it 2 other times already i try to tell him well i know that but each baby is different. then while i do my workout he says he feels sad cuz he doesnt know what she needs or wants he does tummy time, trys feedin her,diaper change n if she dont want that he gets frustrated i let him know well maybe she just wants to be held n played wit..but he wont most of the time..how can i let him know she just wants more attention from him seein as hes gone long hours.

mommyof3_21

Asked by mommyof3_21 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• sorry i think hes doing pretty good. i mean what else do you expect him to do?
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 1:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• what did he do the first two times around? Maybe you should leave him with the baby more than when you are home so he and the baby can learn to do things and bond without you being there for him to go to - my husband stayed home with our son every monday once I went back to work and had I been home, they never would have figured out what works for THEM.. I would always seem to step in and try to take over - although our son was colic and that does make a difference, it helped that I couldn't step in...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• its just with the other 2 he was always active with them..playing around n stuff but now with this one hes just like o ive done it before dont need to this time.. :( i know work tires him out sometimes but really wish he would spend time with her..there are some days when she crys n he cant get her to calm down unless i do it for him n then he says stuff like she hates me. i tell him no shes just used to me.
    mommyof3_21

Comment by mommyof3_21 (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think he's doing fine too
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• tell him how proud you are of him when he does take that time to be with her. if you are BFing of course you have a closer bond right now. my DF and i just had our first child three months ago. ive nannied, etc, but DF has never even seen an infant. so he was totally intimidated. i had him hand off for feeding, changing diapers, tummy time and reading everything and it seemed like our DS just didnt care for daddy and only wanted me. bonding takes time, its not instant. it took you five months to get where you are with her, and daddys time is cut into smaller increments. your DH is doing great. my DF got his first smile from our DS last week, that boosted his confidence i think, because now he really takes the time :)
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Did he play with the other two or seem to know what to do? If not, he just may be a dad that really enjoys the time a little better when they're older. But honest, he seems to be doing quite a bit and trying things. Just let him know how much you appreciate the time to exercise! Make it a positive, not a negative. Too many other huge things in this world to be upset about! Good luck!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 3:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011