Please help...Hubby has low testosterone..

We have been TTC for almost 2 years now with no luck. We have a 3 (almost 4) year old and would love to have another baby soon. He went to the doctor and they told him he has low testosterone and high estrogen levels. They are going to give him shots to fix this, will this improve our chances of conceiving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, but it can take awhile for his levels to stabilize. DH is on testosterone shots, too (watch out, you're about to have a horndog on your hands! LOL). That said, the increased amount of sex you'll likely be having will probably help, too! Feel free to PM me if you need any support on the testosterone thing- It's been a few months for us, and it's stressful for both of us. =) Good luck!!

baby dust

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It should improve your chances. GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

• musicpisces, I can't wait for him to be a horndog again! lol He used to be and his sex drive has decreased dramatically! lol Im always wanting it, while he does maybe 1 time a week!
    Thanks everyone, I really hope this will help us! It breaks my heart every month when I start my period and see everyone who is pregnant (I am happy for them, but at the same time I am soo jealous!) lol Keep your fingers crossed for us!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Well my ex had this problem 2 yrs after our daughter was born. His was very very very low testosterone though. It was 12. The number 12. A low-normal is 600 to 800. Anywho, the dr gave him a script for a supplement (Andro Gel) but he warned us that by artificially supplementing it would bring the testosterone level up but may not improve the sperm count. In fact, surprisingly it may have the opposite effect & lower his sperm count further. And while, it did improve his sex drive greatly (it was next to nothing & he had a hard time keeping erect at all before the treatment), I never again got pregnant. Eventually we divorced & I went on to have 2 more children almost immediately w/ my new husband so it wasnt me at all..although for a long time I feared I had an issue as well.
    I wish you luck.
    Anonymous

• I would send him to a Reproductive Specialist who is the MOST knowledgeable regarding this issue. Regular Doctors do not have the expertise in this area.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2011