Someone just explain to me what Bill Gates is trying to say in this clip, please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WQtRI7A064

As you can imagine, conspiracy theorists are running wild with this! I personally don't believe everyone should get vaccines, BUT I don't buy into the theory that vaccines are some evil conspiracy to kill off the population, either. I just don't understand what Gates is saying! If vaccines and health care are really effective, then wouldn't they actually INCREASE the population? How is he saying they are a way to DECREASE the population?

I'm not trying to start a debate, I'm just really interested in an explanation of what he's saying! 

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 1:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• He is trying to say that if we can decrease child mortality rate from deadly viruses and give better reproductive health care options like BC and abortion women will have fewer children to begin with.

Not saying I agree with it just saying that's his rationale
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 4:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2011