Any wifes want to tell me what there DH do after work?

D0es he go online and play WoW all night? Does he come home and help u clean while u relax? Does he do dishes? I want to know about the hubbies who come home and watch tv, or movies every day with the family. Not the ones who play games at all. even though i did ask Lol Im just wondering if there are still men out there who actually interacts with the wife, talks to her about there day, helps around the house, plays with the kids, gives them baths etc? Mine comes home every day takes the laptop to the bathroom for 30-45 mins or longer in the bathroom to take a crap, read forums. hes gone from 530am-6pm earlier or later depending on work (hes army-mechanic) so hes at work all day and then comes home and still away from us while hes in bathroom. i do everything around here, i dont feel appreciated. yes he does help once in a while but i want him to cancel wow, quit smoking, drinking soda. He wastes money on fake gold and wow transfers. He says well if i have to do that then im going to disconect the internet and u cant be on it either. that isnt fair. I watch my kids when im on the net. i get off when i have to do something. i clean, cook, do laundry, put it away, i give them the baths, i take them to school. I nurse my son, i feed them. And he says he needs his free time. And what about me? he says oh so i need to go to work and come home and do what u do so u get free time? i said duh hell ya. im emtionally and mentally not there anymore. im exhausted im lonely, im tired, im sad. im stressed. He hears me yelling at the kids, he hears them cry, they hear them say no to me, yell at me, slam doors (there 4 and 6). but he never once gets up to help and give me a break. he doesnt parent with me. I rather be divorced then be with him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• My hubby comes home of course exhausted and eats dinner with us, watches movies with the kids , gives them the attention and of course I have done all my house duties, showers or baths and we tuck the kids in bed and we talk and discuss ofur days. He doesnt wash dishes or any of that. But that is our agreement. But whenever I do ask him to do something he does. He takes out ther trash and does all the work outside.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Mine plays wow.
    Normally, I take the router. Yip, Imma bitch.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• mine used to be pretty "distant" when he got home from work. it's not completely his fault, he does have ptsd from his 15 month deployment that he's working on resolving with the VA. however ive found that if i simply ask him or convey to him that i need his help, he will do it for me. he gets home from work around 7:30, by then our girls only have about half an hour til they go to bed. he will help me tuck them in and then we sit and watch tv together. last night infact he did the dishes for me after i asked him to.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Mine comes home from work, eats dinner with the family, watches the news...might play on the Xbox for an hour or two depending on how tired he is then takes a nap to get some rest before he has to go to his night job. I would love for him to spend a little more time with us instead of getting on the Xbox but I know that he's had just as hard of a day as I have, maybe more so and that he needs to unwind. We get him on the weekends so I don't really say anything.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• mine works from 730-8am to 7-730pm, no lunches..he's the only pharmacist in the store he partially owns. he works 6days/week, with one day off every two weeks (thanks to a relief-pharmacist, who holds down her own fulltime job in a corporate-owned pharmacy).
    he is also on-call after hours/sundays for long-term-care/rehabs for emergency call-outs.
    when he comes home, he generally says 'hello' to both of us, changes clothes and/or showers, eats dinner (sometimes he calls me and asks if i want him to bring dinner home-couple times a week,actually), then he or i will see that ds takes a bath/reads/etc and goes to bed. then, dh will watch some tv with or without me, depending on what i'm doing or if i'm interested in 'his' show. either way, we're both in the same room, chatting or relaxing. i generally go to bed earlier than he does, as i get up an hour/half earlier to get ds off to school in the mornings.
    that's about it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• He does the same thing I do when I get off work. We both come home, he watches the kids while I cook dinner, then he helps clean up after dinner, we play with the kids and clean up. Then its homework, bathtime, and bedtime. We both work together to financially and physically take care of our children:) This may sound mean, but I would NEVER date or marry a man who played video games. The only video game unit we own is the Wii and we only play that together for family time. I absolutely HATE video gamers...specifically for the reasons you ladies are complaining about. I want a man, not a boy.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My husband comes home and sits on the couch with me watching tv and doing paperwork on his laptop. A lot of the time, he has several hours of paperwork to do after work. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, we have taekwondo classes, so the afternoon and evening is spent doing that, both for our class and the kids' classes. When he doesn't have paperwork to do, he helps me a lot and spends a lot of time with the kids, going to the park, out to eat, etc. He doesn't play online and doesn't do video games at all.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Sounds like you either need to divorce or go to counseling. I dont have kids yet but my husband definitely pays me alot of attention when he gets off work.
    jennie85

Answer by jennie85 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• We both work full time so both come home exhausted. He sits on his behind while I get homework done, dinner cooked, and bathe kids. It's so equal.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Aww im so sorry, you are having a rough time. it really does make our lives easier with help. i used to play everquest lol. my DF work as a steam cleaner for carpets about 6 days a week, anywhere from 2 hrs a day to 12. plus he has band practice twice a week for 4 hrs, plus shows. so he is gone a lot of the time. also he is fixing up our house while we live at my dads. our ds is almost 3 months. in the mornings DF changes our son, then i feed him. DF goes to work. you know my story. lol. DF comes home, cleans himself up then takes DS so i can finish the laundry, breathe. then DF makes dinner. the whole time we talk about our day, small talk, flirt. we eat and talk some more. then DF does dishes while i feed baby. then we watch movies and cuddle, and usually pass out before the movie is over. sometimes we give each other massages. We communicate all the time, about everything. thats what makes it work
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011