How Do I Cut Ties With This Friend??

So i have this friend who has been mad at me for about a week and hasn't spoken to me at all. Then last night he finally texts me and started talking to me again. Well, a few minutes into the conversation he tells me he needs to borrow money again. I feel l like hes been doing this a lot lately. I'm the last person in the world that you would call a push over, but when it comes to him i just can't help it. he's always been like a little brother to me and i guess i feel like i have to take care of him. i think the best thing is for us to go our seperate ways but how do i tell him this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• You just tell him you dont want anything to do with him anymore and say why and say it isnt open for discussion.

Answer by gemgem at 2:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i would flat out tell him there no easy way 2 just be honest and tell him why u must do this!
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• If you're lending out money, can I have $5?

If you say NO to the loan, the problem will resolve itself sounds like - he will realize the bank of Anon is closed and move his mooching onto greener pastures.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• don't answer the phone. don't answer the texts. he's using you bc he knows you have a soft spot. just move on...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It sounds like the only reason he started speaking to you again was to borrow money. I'd tell him not to the loan and your freindship is through. No one wants a fair weather freind.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Sounds like he is a toxic friend and you need to just let him go cold turkey.
    Anonymous

• Tell him no, and see what happens next. If you really want to never talk to him again, you can either tell him (which he might not accept and will continue to bother you) or just start ignoring him completely.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2008