Sperm meets egg?

I am trying to find out details on the sperm meets egg plan. My husband and I have been trying for 1 year now with no success. So please give me details, along with when Im supposed to start counting the days...Thank you.

jennie85

Asked by jennie85 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I suggest you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It was a great resource when we were ttc our 2nd son.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• try using pre-seed a lot of females was lucky with this on the first try.
    sexylady35

Answer by sexylady35 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Did you try and GOOGLE this? There's probably TONS of info out there.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• yes typically you ovulate around 14 days after the first day of last period, so a week after your period is done..if your period is every 28 days its 14 but if its longer say like 32 days long it would be around 16 days...(lets use the 32 day cycle).you want to have sex more on days 13- 17 because sperm can live up to five days in the vajayjay and your most fertile leading up to ovulating...a way to tell fertile days is by checking your CM cervical mucous(kinda gross but) they way to check it is place a finger perferably your middle finger up inside you and feel for your cervix it will be round with a dent/hole in the middle what comes out of there, it will be different thru out your whole cycle, but when its the most and clear and sterechy, like egg whites is a good time to have sex..when its not much and kinda milky..not fertile...my husband and i tried for 1 yr before getting our son.dont fret to0 much and have fun
    mckeemama

Answer by mckeemama at 3:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• also the egg lives for about 24 hours, so its all about timing..if you dont have alot of cm its hard for the sperm to get to the egg, try taking Guaifenesin its the main ingrediant in mUcinex it will help you be more "wet" at the right time. take it the day you period is done once a day till after day 17, Like i said above my hubby and i tried for a year and taking these pills was the only thing i did different the month i got preggo...
    mckeemama

Answer by mckeemama at 3:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Sounds like you got some pretty good advice already. Good luck & baby dust to you!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I do not really like the sperm meets egg plan because it relies on Opks which are highly inaccurate.

Get the book TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR FEARTILITY and learn to chart. MUCH more accurate and MUCH more likely to get you pregnant.

Everyone I know that has charted and did not have severe fertility issues requiring an RE for meds has gotten pregnant within 3 months. I got pregnant in one try.
    Anonymous

• Aromatika: I clicked on the link you provided and it came up in a completely different language so i dont even know what im looking at
    jennie85

Comment by jennie85 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• sexylady35: what is preseed?
    jennie85

Comment by jennie85 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2011