How does one diagnosis ADD?

DVAL

Asked by DVAL at 2:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Kids' Health

• You go to a doctor that that specializes in childhood development and behavior. Parents do not diagnose their children.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Here is a link that will answer your questions about ADD: http://helpguide.org/mental/adhd_add_diagnosis.htm

sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 2:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• my son went to a psychologist
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My daughter has ADHD. With her it was simply a matter that she could NEVER focus on anything more then a minute or two. Our house was a disaster soon because she would play with one toy for just a few minutes before dropping it and moving onto the next never able to focus long enough to put things away. We'd work with her and she'd start putting them away before she'd start playing again completely forgetting that she was supposed to be cleaning them up. Only toy we ever got that she would play with for any length of time was her bike and Power Rangers and I think that is because it was lots of action in her play.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• We did have to take her to a couple different Pysch's as the first one didn't listen to a thing we said. The second listened to both us and her teacher. A very mild dose of meds and we had a very happy daughter who was no longer the trouble maker of the classroom but could instead focus and did well.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I knew my son had it. I researched it on the computer. I talked to parents. i brought him to the ped and told him "I think my son has ADD". He referred me to a pediatric neurologist. He confirmed it. No one at my son's school ever suggested to us that he may have it, which bothered me. It was so obvious.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My son's ADHD was diagnosed by a developmental pediatrician.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• knew my son had it. I researched it on the computer. I talked to parents. i brought him to the ped and told him "I think my son has ADD". He referred me to a pediatric neurologist. He confirmed it. No one at my son's school ever suggested to us that he may have it, which bothered me. It was so obvious.
    Answer by mompam

Schools aren't supposed to mention ADHD, that's probably why no one ever did.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• go to your doctor and talk to them about it
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2011