what is your advice on travel 700miles wit a 7month old?

nates_mommi

Asked by nates_mommi at 10:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tips will be good too, thanx
    nates_mommi

Answer by nates_mommi at 10:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Just plan for a lot of stops. Especially if you are breast feeding. Also you will want to stop overnight instead of driving straight thru. Bring calming music like classical or lullaby tapes ( my son LOVED the baby Einstein cd's) and a few toys the baby can keep his/herself occupied with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I always find it is easier to travel at night if you can stay up late. I know my son will sleep the whole time if we start the drive in the evening and then stop once you are tired. We made a long drive that way and he slept most of the way. Good Luck!
    horseskickmom

Answer by horseskickmom at 12:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• tequila ;) jk
    Tracyrae

Answer by Tracyrae at 1:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Are you traveling in car-- make stops every 3 hours for the baby to feed, play and have time out of the carseat. Otherwise the baby will scream the whole trip. I just made a 4500 mile trek from MD to Alaska wiht a 4 month old teething baby. Yeah, PM if you have questions. 700 mi isn't too bad.
    tazzygurl611

Answer by tazzygurl611 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Travel at night if baby normally likes to sleep in the car. We always left at/near bedtime and arrived by morning for our 1000 mile trips. We'd make one stop to let the olders out for a potty break, but the babies tended to just keep snoozing. I hope you have a great trip. Blessings!
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• thanx so much ladies
    nates_mommi

Answer by nates_mommi at 10:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I'm sure you already went on the trip but here is what I did when I went on a trip with my son at 3 months and at 7 months. I was able to drive straight through from Spokane, WA to Turlock, CA witch is about 950 miles. We did alot of stops because of me breast feeding about every 2 hours to get gas and every 4 to feed so every other stop he was eating. I wasn't bad he was ok but everyonce in a while he didn't like sitting in his car seat. Well hope everything worked out and you'll be ready for next time
    angel7690

Answer by angel7690 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2008