Hair color change

I was just think about how aweful I will look with grey hair,I have red hair and my complexion is icky and to add to that I will be getting grey hair ewwwwwww. I will have to dye my hair all the time. Or will it stay red and maybe just go lighter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Red hair usually doesn't fade very nicely, sorry! If you're lucky, you'll get shocks of white, which can look good. Otherwise, it gets really washed-out looking, rather than looking lighter, per se.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• you want someone to tell the future for your haircolor?? lol! there's no telling how quickly your hair will turn gray or the percentage. will it be lighter red before it turns a beigey-white? will it be more silvery??
    who knows? the color around the front hairline can give you a hint, but not always accurate. what i do know is your overall tone will fade, your brilliant red will get duller with age/possibly thinning. the grays/whites may/may not be wiry/fine.
    you won't have to 'dye' your hair if you choose not to..and if you choose to do so, there are always various avenues of haircoloring to explore, before going WHOLE HOG!
    ain't growing old grand?!?!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I dye my hair red now (although I'm a black girl so I look a little like Rihanna with dreadlocks LOL) I think once I start going grey I will stop dying it...I think regardless of original hair color once it starts going grey, that's pretty much it...I've never heard of hair just going lighter...but I could be wrong. I'm sure you'll look great either way though =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Red hair, natural red, fades with time, just like a box dye. Everyone gets grey hair sooner or later. You shouldn't dye more than every 6-8 weeks. People tend to see every fault in themselves, or what they think are faults when they look in a mirror. Im sure everyone else thinks your hair and skin are lovely. Its just you being overly critical of yourself dear.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Red heads tend to get silver white hair, not grey.

I started getting mine colored at around age 36 because I had so much white coming in. Mine is a light red, so the white was really making it looked washed out. I get it done every 5 weeks. Red color fades fast, so I usually go medium auburn since I know it'll lighten up before my next appt.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i like dying my hair normally a red shade of some kind
    shadowia

Answer by shadowia at 2:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• if your a natural redhead , usually red hair goes white not gray , but yes at some point if you dont like whitish color you will have to color then ,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Henna naturally stains grey hair red and doesn't have the damaging effects of hair colour.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• dullscissors said it, you don't know until it happens.. you can COLOR your roots to match your natural shade, but i suggest going a shade to match your skin tone.. if its ashy looking, try a more ashier brown a shade lighter than your natural color to help restore some life to your hair and skin .. if you have brown or a warmer green eye color add a few warmer highlights
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• try something different for fun good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2011