do you have a 'theme' for your tree or do you just put up whatever's there?

Of course, this is assuming that you put up a Christmas tree =D

Do you have a bunch of mismatched ornaments that you've collected over the years, or do you like to color coordinate everything? My mom used to just put up whatever she had, but I prefer for stuff to match.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• umm last year i did have stuff that matched but hey as long as it looks good i don't care now
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• we have the matching ornaments right now.. i'm sure when these kiddos get older, we'll have tons of mismatched things. at least that's how it was when we were younger. OMG, the most mismatched tree I've ever seen though, my MIL's.. she does throw anything away, lol.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 3:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Every year since my kids were small we made our own ornaments. I save everything they bring home from school too. We decorate with those and still make new ornaments each season. My oldest is 19 and I dont think we have one decoration store bought anymore.

Answer by gemgem at 3:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• *doesn't
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 3:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I only had candy gingerbread and foods. But as my kids got older I now have a little bit of everything. They love making homemade decorations so we have alot of those!
    tdawn_21

Answer by tdawn_21 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• This year will be our first Christmas together. Our first Christmas my husband was in Basic training so I celebrated with a friend, our next Christmas he was in Iraq, so I celebrated with my mom and dad, then the next Christmas he just got back from Iraq so we went to my sisters to visit the family and celebrted with them. I prefer my moms tree, miss matched with decorations we had made over the years in school, and things she had picked up, I prefer that over my friends color coordinated tree
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I am way too anal for things to be unorganized. Everything on my living room tree matches, from the lights to the bows to the ornaments, the beads, the ribbon and the tree skirt. I put up a much smaller tree in the play room, and my kids can decorate it however they like. But when the kids are in bed, and the lights are out, the fireplace is lit, and the tree lights are on, I enjoy looking at my picture perfect tree.
    22hockeymom22

Answer by 22hockeymom22 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I let my husband put on the orange and blue lights. He is a fighting illini freak! I'm sure sumtime in the future we willaccumulate ornaments to go with. Right now just lights and tinsel
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 3:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I used to match all of my decorations but every year I buy an ordament for the kids and they never match. The tree has never been more beautiful *gush*
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Me too! I buy ornaments for the kids every year in addition to homemade and the ones from school. I personally prefer novelty ornaments rather than traditional ball ones. You're really able to express your family's personality that way rather than having a stuffy department store type.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2008