What could be causing the stomach pains

i went to see the doctor for some sharp pains, in what is to me the middle of my stomach but to them the upper stomach. she wasn't sure what caused it so she ordered an u/s and they checked my upper stomach and everything came back normal. my pains aren't as sharp and severe any more, but they are still around so often andis more like a painful pressure and fullness and it hurts enough to bother me a lot. i'm also constantly nauseaus, when i'm hungry when i'm not after and before i've eaten, etc, it doesn't seem to get better or worse bc of anything. i asked if she thought there may be an issue with the mirena but said no bc then it would be pain in just the lower stomach. anyway, not sure what could be causing it. she said to watch what i eat and see if theres a food upsetting me. but i don't know. i don't eat anything spicy, i don't eat one thing more than another, and when i eat it's not any worse or better. any thoughts??? it's frustrating. the more pain i am in the more naseaus i get, then i get a headache and really tired.

sleepymamaof3

Asked by sleepymamaof3 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Health

• I get pains in my upper stomach too, I realized I'd get them because I'd kinda skip meals. I hate going to the doctor. I just noticed it would get worse when I'd get hungry and take long to eat. Some relatives told me it might be the start of an ulcer. So I started eating, and carrying a protein bar in my purse so I wouldn't get them. It stopped a lot. It was getting really bad to where it would hurt and then after I'd eat the pain would linger for a while. Kinda like a sting first and then just pain. Not sure if it's the same for you. Oh I also failed to mention I used to drink lots of Coke, I looked up that soda can destroy your stomach lining. I cut down on Coke almost completely and I don't know if that was making it worse. Good luck Ü Hope this helped.
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 3:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I would get pains like that and would be something I eat. But now on a good medicine and all realated to acid reflux. Email if would like the medicine name. Then medicine really helps and so far so good. I had other pains but due to endmentis and full hystermenry took that pain away as well. check with your doctor about problems and do not take your seriosly then find another one.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011