Calling all info on child support ... going to court

finally got a date for dourt on child support
looking for all stories on how this went for you

i have daughter since oct 1st, he has come to see her three times, has given me 120 dollars total for her for all this time

she is three and ahlf, has autism, has disability because of this, i have been to every therapy, every doc appt, every school IEP, everything autism - it is me...he has not been active in her life, did live with him until last oct
will it only be about monry?
if he asks for visitation - will this be another court date? or can the judge give him some visitiation at this child support court time?

i will be asking for full custody, full placement (i do have very good reason to keep daughter from him=at least would need to be supervised-not alone visitation)
should i hire a lwyer to bring along at this court date?
or is it JUST child support and all issues concerning visitation, custody, placement=another court date all together

what happened when you had child support court date?

thanks for all input
scared!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• hi, i live in tenn.my son was 15yrs.old & then came to me about his bio"dad" well he wanted a dna test & i said sure, my husband has raised my son since he was 6. he owed over 63.000.00, which i got a check every week, they give you a debit card & load it with your money, that's the easy part the hard part is to get him to court that took 11/2 yrs. he should also have her on his insurance @ work. you will eventually get it, i checked the mail one day on my way to work & there were 3 checks in there adding up to $10.450.00 as far as custody goes he's entitled to interact with the child, what you receive is based on his pay i think it's like 24%, depending where you live, if he don't pay they can take his drivers licence & sometimes spend a few nights in jail, good luck don't give up your daughter deserves it, also you might be eligible for social security. :)

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Child support is only child support. If you bring up any other issue the judge will shut you down and some even get pissed, because they think you are wasting their time since its child support court. They always seem to think everyone knows procedure is all lol. Basically you go in and its all really black and white. You show how much money you earn, he shows what he earns, you show what hes paid, and the judge gets an amount. Ask for enforcement through either CSE or the clerk of court itll keep you from having to get a lawyer all the time.
    For custody hire a lawyer.

Answer by gemgem at 3:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree with gem, it's only child support not custody, visitation, etc. Bring proof of your bills and income. If there is anything extra you pay for your daughter (ie therapy) bring proof of that too. My ex had to pay for half of my son's horseback riding lessons because it was considered therapy. But copays for speech/OT, childcare expenses which are generally higher because she's special needs, etc. (not sure of her functioning level, I'm just going off of my own experience). Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 3:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i think money cort and visitation cort are sepret cort issues but i'm not totaly sure
    Sage11

Answer by Sage11 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011