Can 2012 get here fast enough?

As a side note perhaps you could give the Japanese a bit of help while you fill out your bracket? What a leader.

As he does every year, the President filled out his brackets predicting the winners of the men's and women's NCAA basketball tournaments, but discussing it with Doris Burke of ESPN, he began with a call to stand with the people of Japan:

One of the things I wanted to do on the show was, as people are filling out their brackets -- this is obviously a national pastime; we all have a great time, it’s a great diversion. But I know a lot of people are thinking how can they help the Japanese people during this time of need. If you go to usaid.gov -- usaid.gov -- that will list all the nonprofits, the charities that are helping out there. It would be wonderful for people to maybe offer a little help to the Japanese people at this time -- as they’re filling out their brackets. It’s not going to take a lot of time. That's usaid.gov. It could be really helpful.

* Go to usaid.gov

As for the brackets, they speak for themselves. He's not seeing a lot of Cinderellas in the final rounds and he's calling Kansas for the men and UConn for the women -- look at a large size pdf or check them out below:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/03/16/president-obamas-2011-ncaa-brackets

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 3:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• So let me get this straight, the other day Obama bashers were bitching that he was out playing golf and not focusing on Japan. Now he is attempting to show he is aware and focused on Japan while he is doing something recreational. So one of those damned if you do damned if you don't kinda things...did I get it right??

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 3:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yeah, I heard he picked the dour number one seeds to make the finals....that took a lot of thought.

"President present," strikes again!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• *four
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Why is he not embarrassed?
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 3:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Obama is not allowed to speak on the nuclear problem in Japan because the reactors there are made by GE.
    As are most of the nuclear reactors in the USA
    And if GE stocks plummet, it will again be a corporation that is too big to fail.
    And the US cannot financially bail out GE right now, so Obama has to keep mum about the whole thing.
    Follow the money trail ALWAYS
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Emptynster, that's EXACTLY what they're doing. Actually, the EXACT SAME posted put up a question yesterday about how he didn't mention Japan, and what a horrible man that makes him. Now he does mention it, and he's STILL a horrible man... Logic apparently isn't one of her strong suits.

I'm looking forward to 2012 because I think people like the OP have a rude awakening waiting for them.

By the way, GOP, where are all those new jobs you promised?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• And No, 2012 cannot get her fast enough.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• GE, the largest U.S.-based reactor builder, is focused on the situation at the reactor in Fukushima and staff weren’t available to comment on the outlook for the industry, Michael Tetuan, a spokesman for the Fairfield, Connecticut-based company,

Our next-generation nuclear reactor is an Ecomagination product. Some people may not agree with that, but it fits our standard, and so we think it's right. We've grown from 17 products when we started, to 92 or 93 today. We've got another 30 coming in the next 18 months.
    -Jeffrey Immelt July 2010 speaking to Obama

I've had an open access to the President".-Immelt's response when asked how often he speaks to Obama

a 15 second google yield on Immelt Obama Nuclear....lol

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I dont see where its bad that A.) the president has recreational pasttimes that he enjoys, like most of america..... sports. and B.) I dont see its bad that he mentioned Japan.

Your just nit picking him no matter what he does so maybe you need to get yourself a hobby??
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 5:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011