Do you ever make meals that you KNOW your DH/SO hates?

Do you ever make meals that you KNOW that your DH/SO hates because you and the kids love them? Do you make him a seperate meal or make him fend for himself?

I used to make this shrimp pasta with curry in it...I know it probably doesnt sound all that great but just thinking about it is making my mouth water lol plus since I'm a beginner cook it was one of the VERY few meals that I knew I could make well and my daughter LOVED it.

DH hates it lol he doesnt like the taste of curry and no matter how little I put in there he could taste it but if I left it out completly the pasta didnt taste as good to me...so some days I just made it anyways and he ate whatever lol

Have you ever done something like this?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Dh doesn't like meatloaf very much. It's just not his thing. I still make it though and I am actually making it tonight. I'm 99% sure he will eat it as he always does, but if he doesn't, it won't hurt my feelings, just do not expect me to cook a separate meal for you. He knows how to make himself a sandwich LOL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• no, I aim to please!

Answer by older at 3:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• As of yet I have not made anything he "hates"... He's not afraid of food, and eats what is put before him without complaint. If I know he doesn't like it, I avoid making it because we cook at home to save money, and his lunch the next day is supper leftovers.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Impossible! My husband will eat anything that doesn't eat him first! I'm the picky one, so I make whatever I'm in the mood for & he likes it no matter what. If I make him something that I don't like, I just make myself something else. Not a problem.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Not that he hates, just not the ones he's really really likes....

He can eat it or starve. lol
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yes. I make those on the nights he closes so he can fend for himself at work. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Sometimes. There are also some meals that I can't stand but that he and the kids love that he makes sometimes. We're both ok with that, and if either of us makes something the other dislikes, we just make sure to make extra on the sides so there's enough food that we do like to fill us up.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I actually haven't found a food that my hubby dislikes so if and when I do, I'd still make it if it was something the kids and I enjoyed.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yup! He's pretty picky lol so if he doesn't like it he ca make something else. He doesn't mind
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I use ingredients that he hates and just don't tell him. He hates mushroom- I made chicken with a cream of mushroom base sauce. He loved it.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2011