? for gun owners only.

I want to get my husband a gun for Christmas (that is what he wants) anyway, what kind of gun do you own? What kind of gun is ideal for home defense? How much would say I should expect to pay for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• a lot more ?s to ask. is it just for home and protection? has he ever had a gun or shot one? does he like more power? I have a 9mm (a hand gun) and a .22 (a rifle). My DH has a 30-30 (rifle) it is his deer hunting gun. Mine are for home protection and out at the lease with my hubby. We also have a 20 gauge shotgun that we share b/c my husband hasn't bought a 12 gauge yet. There are a lot of guns for home defense. Do yourself a favor. Go to a sport store and talk to a couple of different people at the gun counter. They will be more than happy to help you make a good choice.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• well, i don't know about prices, but i know that my dh want's a rifle..if i have to hear him say it one more time i'm gonna buy one and shoot him with it...lol..j/k! but if you get a gun for self defense i would say a pistol. maybe you should kinda ask him without expressing that you want to get it for him...say something, like, this girl was on Cafemom and wants to know what kind of gun to get her husband, and since you're so good at that, you can tell me the best one, and i'll relay it to her. (i do it all the time, works like a charm if i need to know something) You want to get whatever it is fast though, cuz from what i understand the president-elect is going to put restrictions on some guns. which is why everyone is out, buying out gun stores.
    Anonymous

• I have a 9mm and it works great for self defense purpose. I wouldnt use it to hunt or anything like that though. You can find good prices on ammohere: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/default.asp
    You can find information on what gun is best for your here:
    http://www.chaosreigns.com/guns/bestgun.html

Answer by gemgem at 3:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• That's great, thanks anon :)
    Anonymous

• Thanks ladies
    Anonymous

• Your answer depends entirely on your husband's level of experience with firearms, and on how much time and commitment he can put into learning to use a firearm properly. If he already knows what he's doing, then an automatic is probably what he wants. If he doesn't have any idea what he's doing, and you really want it for protection, you should probably go with a revolver. The difference with a revolver is it doesn't take any special training or instruction to understand how it works, there are either bullets in it - or there are not. That way, no one accidentally fires a round because they didn't know there was one "in the chamber." And ALWAYS PRACTICE GOOD GUN SAFETY - NO EXCEPTIONS!
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Smith & Wesson 9 millimeter. it has a safety on it (if you have children) idk how much they are tho.
    Anonymous