I just had a m/c 5 days ago. I was three months. I still cant believe it.. I really wanted this baby.. I wonder if getting pregnant right away will lead to a m/c again.. Do you think I should wait?

My mother In-law also had a m/c and she told me that she couldnt wait and got pregnant 2wks later.. she says that she struggled with her pregnancy but it was worth it because nine months later she had a very healthy pregnancy.

Stely

Asked by Stely at 3:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• It is better to wait and let your body heal from the trauma it's been through. It will help waiting.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I had a mc as well, my doc said that the main reason he wanted me to wait was so that they could tell when I became pregnant again. I asked him if it would be bad for me or the baby if I became pregnant right away and he said no - he just warned me that I may need the extra time to heal emotionally.

I didn't wait and I was pregnant 2 weeks later. I now have a very healthy 13 month old. If you need to talk PM me - I have been through it and it is awful.

jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I'd wait. The same thing happened to me and I got pregnant again right after and nearly died. I had a healthy baby girl, but I almost died during the pregnancy. Give your body time to recover for a month or two.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I would wait, take the time to mourn and heal. Some women are fine getting pregnant again right away, some continue to have trouble.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You really need to allow your body to heal and recover from the miscarriage. Make sure to talk with your doctor before you really start trying to get pregnant again, he will have some good insight on this and it will also depends on how soon or late you had this last miscarriage and why it happened to determine how long you should wait.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 4:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I have had 6 miscarriages, 4 all within a year and I will tell you to wait. I have 4 wonderful kids, three came after all my miscarriages. It takes time for your body to heal after miscarrying for whatever reason. It is a hard time emotionally as well and when I had lost all hope thats when I had my miracles. It will happen again when your body is ready. I hated hearing that from my DR and family etc but turns out they were so right. Sorry about your loss hope all goes well
    DawnVirgin

Answer by DawnVirgin at 8:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Talk to your provider about how long you should wait.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2008