Bible? Which one do you use?

And Why?
Only one excuse I won't accept.. _____ONE IS EASIER TO READ... If you read english.. Any english bible should work. I know alot of people either can't read extremely well.. but there is nothing stopping people from learning how to read better.. and if you know the fundamentals.. ie sounding out words.. and own a dictionary.. you can teach yourself. So the "X" version is easier.. DOESNT FLY.. So give me the real reason..

AND IF YOU DON'T READ THE BIBLE.. Do us all a favor.. DON'T ANSWER. Thanks.

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 3:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You don't have to accept it, but it's true - I read King James version because it's easier. I'm a great reader, always have been. My comprehension and ability to understand the english language doesn't come into play whatsoever. I'm trying to understand the word of God better, not pass an SAT.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I read the King James Version. This is the one all my bible study groups use and the one that our church uses. I do have a New King James Women Study Bible that I will occasionally refer to.

millman

Answer by millman at 3:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• King James.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• NIV, my DH bought it for me.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• KJV

I've researched how it was translated and believe it is accurately preserved
    Freundmommyx5

Answer by Freundmommyx5 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I actually prefer to compare different versions when I read, to try to get the best grasp possible on the passage. I would LOVE to learn Greek and Hebrew, to read it in its original language....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I use the St. Joseph edition of the New American Bible. It has been translated from the ancient texts. Also it has all the books and verses intact where they belong. When you are missing some the Scripture that Christ used himself, from the old it's kind of hard to cross reference it to get the full meaning of what he was saying.

daps

Answer by daps at 7:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i've got about 20+ versions on my bible-app..and because of the cell phone backlighting...THEY ARE ALL EASIER TO READ!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If someone thinks one version IS easier to read than another, why would you have a problem with that? That's a valid reason whether you think so or not. Anyway, I like the NIV because of the way it flows. I don't want to have to stop in every other verse to find out what a particular word means because with a new baby, I just don't have time for that. I'm lucky to get a morning devotion done before he's at my ankles needing me.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• The "English words' may be easily read but sentence structure and grammar may vary from version to version giving each a seemingly different meaning. So people choosing one because they find the format easier to comprehend than another IS a valid reason.

Oh and I don't read the Bible.....You're Welcome!!!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2011