This baby won't drink

I watch a baby who 8 month old 3 days a week for 9 hrs. I feel terrible becuz most days he goes home and he has only had about 6 oz of formula for the day! I've explained how he won't drink to his mother and she says he does the same at home. She gives him solids 3 times a day at least to make up for not drinking. How do I get him to drink formula? My 8 month old is bf so I'm at a loss about formula. We've tried the cup with same results also. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What does the baby do that he won't drink the formula? Does he fall asleep or push it away? When my baby doesn't seem to want to drink the formula I give very light taps on the side of the bottle that remind her its there. Or wiggle it a little in her mouth. If she doesn't respond to either I just let it go and wake her up about two hours later to try again. But my baby is only 3 weeks old, so I guess its different.
    DellaF88

Answer by DellaF88 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• He might just not be that hungry mid-day! Some kids are more picky about when they eat, and if he's doing the same thing at home, I definitely wouldn't worry-it's not you! Has his mother said he's not gaining weight properly or anything like that? Maybe she should talk to her pediatrician...but he may just not care about eating during the day!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• baby's NEEEED their formula!! Mix it in with cereal...
    lilgabbi

Answer by lilgabbi at 11:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2008