What would you do (Cheer question-little long))

Ok I have a small problem. My dd is 6 and was picked by a private cheer company (a friend of mine owns) to do state all stars. I am honestly flattered and I know my dd would learn alot. My dd is 6 though and she did cheer with her cousin who is 8. They do everything together really. I told the cheer coach this and she invited dds cousin to come to knowing this would be the best way to get my dd into her company.

However, my dds cousins mom (my best friend) has more kids at home then I do. I have two at home, one is 17 so most of my time and money go to dd, since 17 yr old has a job. I get it. Extra curricular can get expensive when you are talking about 3 kids in something all at once.
The cheer coach gave us until March 29th to pay $75 for the uniform & $25 for the first month (Starting in april). Im good with this. We get an email, two actually adding new practices and asking for the $100 by March 19th. I can come up with, she cant. I told my friend (the coach) she said tell best friend its ok I forgot, and to bring it as planned the 29th. I tell best friend, shes happy, dd can now do cheer with mine, all is good. We both get another email today asking for the money again on the 19th, she must have it. My best friend called almost in tears explaining no way she can come up with it, she had it budgeted for the 29th.
Now I dont know if I want to do cheer with my dd by herself in this company. I kinda feel like my friend who owns the company did it on purpose. She has been wanting my dd in her company for months. I also dont know if I want my dd alone in this. She doesnt know anyone else in that company, its in another town, and my dd is 6. I know she would learn ALOT, but honestly she could do cheer for the optimist club for football & basketball, have the summers off, and just do softball or something.
What would you do? Take your dd to a company where you know she would learn dance, gymnastics, cheer, and not have your best friend or her dd who does everything with you, or just opt out?

Asked by gemgem at 3:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The coach already told you it was ok for your friend to pay on the 29th, so it sounds like she may have sent the email to everyone in an attempt to collect from everyone else a few days early. I would assume the deal she made with you for your friend to pay on the originally planned date still stands. I might try verifying that with the coach if I were you. If the coach is no longer willing to make the exception for your friend and abide by the original agreement I would probably just pull my child. The coach sounds a bit disorganized and wishy-washy, and I wouldn't want to have to deal with that. If I thought it was a one time issue that wouldn't continue to be a problem then I'd offer to loan $100 to my friend.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• is there any way you can loan the 100 bucks for the cousin and she could pay you back at the end of the month instead of giving it to them?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• But I thought she did everything with her cousin, too?

If you think its a good opportunity for your daughter and its something she wants to do then I would let her do it. I'm sure your friend will understand.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 3:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Does this private company not offer any kind of scholarships-partial or whole?

Being that you DD is 6 I would let her help make this decision and lean a lot of that on your choice. If she is not happy with the choice she is not going to enjoy it or learn anything...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I wish I could loan it to my friend but we cant. I am going to talk to dd I just dont want her to feel weird about going and not knowing anyone. It is a really good opportunity for her.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• and no no scholarships, its all privately funded.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• The email was just to me & my friend & I had just talked to the coach the day before about the arrangements we had made. Like I said I dont have the $100 this week or Id do it.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011