My 3 yo hits kids at school...

My 3 year old son hits kids while he's at school, but he's never done it at home. How can i get him to stop hitting other kids?

PS
He has a little sister at home so it's not like he's an only child.

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 3:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make a big star chart with his name on it. For each day that he is nice to kids the whole day, he gets a star. When he finishes the whole star chart, take him to the dollar store and let him choose a prize.

Also, keep reminding him that at school, the rule is he keeps his hands to himself. If he is upset about something, he needs to use his words with the child and/or teacher.

My guess is that he is getting frustrated and doesn't have the verbal ability yet to argue effectively . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• The problem is he is competing with 14 other kids for EVERYTHING. Toys, attention, the best seat, the best book, the crayon colour he wants... That's very frustrating. As others said reward good days and talk about the bed ones. He will learn in time.
    Anonymous

• without being there all you can really do it talk about it and hope the school is handling it appropriately.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I guess talk to him about it at home. And say if the teacher tells you that he's still doing it, you'll take away toys.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 4:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2011