Dirty couch

I've had my couch for almost 2 years, I bought it used in EXCELLENT condition but now (with the kids) it's filthy and gross. It's a beige suade and I think I remember the lady I bought it from telling me that she had it scotchgarded... so how do I clean it by hand? Do I just use a cloth with soap and water?

brandy0827

Asked by brandy0827 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• I clean mine with laundry soap & water with a sponge.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Suede isnt as hard to clean as you think. But you do have to do it right. Here is an article on it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4475054_clean-suede-couch.html

Answer by gemgem at 4:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have a couch that sounds like yours I got a scotch guard cleaner that sprays on and you wipe off with a damp cloth and repeat this until the rag is no longer ringing out dirty water....then let air dry and put some fans on there as well...I did this and the couch looks good as new and because it was a scotch guard cleaner it has protected against dirt pretty well I would have to say
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2011