Real estate question

Anyone trying to sell land and think that the price should go up because spring is coming??? I am looking at a nice piece of land that I think is reasonable, but my Husband (mr cheepo) thinks is too high. I really want this land. I am hoping the owners don't raise the price in the next coming months! What are your opinions?????

Linda1012

Asked by Linda1012 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It is a REALLY weird market right now. I know we used to see fluctuations in price seasonally, but I don't know how much of that is happening right now.

What would your husband think about pulling the comps and making an offer at what you thinkit should be priced at? Chances are that the owners need money right now, so they just might accept less.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Long story short; The land was inherited by my current neighbor, she owns it along with her brother. They let us look at it last year because we buy property to rent out. When I went to see the property, I could see us living there! I loved it, but didnt tell my husband at the time. My husband made an offer as to what he thought was fair. They wanted twice the amount. A year has gone by and now my husband is starting to listen to me. He hates when I'm right, so he is looking anywhere else he can to find somtheng better. I hope he comes to his sences soon!!! They have already lowerd the price by 20%. I am praying everyday and keeping my fingers crossed!

Linda1012

Comment by Linda1012 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Once a property is on the market, the price doesn't normally go up, it will eventually come down depending on how long it sits. The only exception to this is if the owners take it off the market to see if things improve with the intention of re-listing it at a higher price later. I've heard that the real estate market is starting to slowly pick up & I've also heard that it's gonna get worse, so it seems to be anyone's guess as to what it's actually gonna do.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Seeing that you know the owners . . ..

Maybe mention to them that you are still interested, so if they ever want to sell it, they should knock on your door. You can still negotiate.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• ImaginationMama, I would love to do that! One way or another I think we will talk to them soon. My neighbor would probably take anything she can get, but her brother on the other hand wants to get as much as possible. Which, I don't blame him! Men are so stubborn.

Linda1012

Comment by Linda1012 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Good luck! It sounds like a fun opportunity! :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Thank you!
    Linda1012

Comment by Linda1012 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I doubt the market will bear a raise in price.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2011