Widowed.........would like to date again, older now and not sure how to go about this??? Dont like bars or dance clubs and online dating services charges a fee, what to do????

bellaangelina

Asked by bellaangelina at 4:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd say find activities/hobbies you like, and see if they have any groups in your area. Bird watching, sports, pottery, whatever... This way you know you'll have something in common with the people you meet, right off the bat! Also, don't be afraid to let your friends know you're interested in dating again, you never know if they know the PERFECT guy to set you up with :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• The society of Creative anachronism is a good place to meet people.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• go to meetup.com and put your interests in the search bar............reading, hiking, dancing, traveling, etc. There are groups you can join and you never know who you might meet. That's how my aunt met the man she is dating. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Having the same issues/concerns with being a widow and attempting to date.

Not all dating services online charge a fee. Plentyoffish.com is free, for instance. Good luck :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Going toward what you love, you'll find someone like-minded. I met my hubby at church.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Start doing some volunteer work at a library or state park and you can meet lots of people that way. Ask your friends if they have anyone that you might like.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I met my husband through a neighbor...I asked her husband if he had any single friends and he brought over this one guy and a yr later we married. So just ask friends or anyone your close to if they know of anybody single and have them bring the guy on over to their place and have a friendly little dinner and some conversation...this way you get to meet a guy or 2 on a friendly basis and if you like eachother then go out a few times
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• find a hobby
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Do you have Table for Six or It's Just Lunch in your area? Well worth the price of admission ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Thank you ladies for all your feed back I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I dont have the time to take up different hobbies to meet guys with similar interest. I work full time and have a lil one and Im it!!! But at least you all have pointed me in the right direction!! As for online dating (plenty of fish) You do eventually have to pay a fee, sorry I already tried! Thank you just the same..........things will open up for me =)
    bellaangelina

Comment by bellaangelina (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2011