green eyes

My DH has brown and green eyes and I have green eyes, will our daughter definately have green eyes?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Brown is supposed to be the dominant color, though I know plenty of blue-eyed kids from brown-eyed parents! This is just one of the fun surprises you'll get as baby grows! It'll probably take awhile for them to switch, too, so baby will keep you guessing! My three-month-old's have gone from blue to brown and keep flirting the line in between--SUCH a cool color. I think they're going to be brown like Mommy's, though. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• DH and I both have dark brown eyes. DD started with ice blue and as she aged they turned bluish, greenish, gray. There are a lot of genes in the pool you never can tell.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Could be brown, could be green. :) Eye colour's more complicated than just dominant colours I think, *reverts back to science* something to do with different alleles and how green is just made by an allele that codes for the darkness of the eye colour as it is just a form of brown. or something. my goodness, maybe not.. Ow my brain hurts..
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 3:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You never know. She could have brown, she could have green...she could even have blue! There's recessive genes in both of you as well, one of you could have a recessive blue-eye gene.

And OH, I think this is hella cool...my boyfriend has brown and green eyes and I have green eyes too! That's so weird :P His eyes are green around the inside and brown on the outside, and my eyes are kind of muddy green. I'm hoping our daughter will get green eyes, but who knows.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You never really know. I was really scared that my son was going to get my ugly brown eyes. My SO has the prettiest blue eyes and turns out that's what my son got! Brown is a dominant gene but sometimes you luck out.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 5:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I have brown eyes the father of my baby has brown eyes are daughter has blue eyes! His twin sis has blue eyes! so u never know! I love my daughter eyes <3 lol =]
    Juliannamommie

Answer by Juliannamommie at 7:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2008