Aspartame...

thats the fake sugar in anything diet. i have experienced this and heard that it kills your matabolism. is this true?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Food & Drink

• It's been linked to a lot of bad things- cancer, parkinsons, ulcers. If you want something diet- rink diet rite. It's made with Splenda, tastes better than it used to and is ok to drink even when pregnant!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Its also being linked to Cancer.. i'd say skip it and drink water, which will probably end up being bad for us too lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I personally believe it's really bad for you for many reasons. But every side has their motives and their "proof" to support their case. Who knows *shrug*

kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 4:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• ive heard that your body doesn't break it down so it NEVER leaves the body. which i guess does negatively effect the metabolism. ive also heard the link to cancer rumors. either way, i stay away from it!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think that you need to watch the documentary of the Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World. You can check out the 90 minute movie on youtube. 

tdbaas

Answer by tdbaas at 5:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yes, and in combination with citric acid (as in diet sodas), it is known to stop ketosis (the body's ability to burn fat for energy).
    Anonymous

• PS - be leary of Splenda too - that's chlorinated sugar.
    Anonymous

• I can't stand the taste of it. It certainly would end up being a good diet for me if I were supposed to only eat things with aspartame in them, because I hate it!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Aspartame and other artifical sweetners turn to formyledhyde in the body, actually turns to a gel and is bad for anyone but someone with diabetes. It is a migraine headache trigger, causes all kinds of issues. Makes symptoms of MS, Lupus and other diseases worse. There is a reason it is called ARTIFICIAL. You are better off eating regular sugar in moderation.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2011