Porkchops...

i want to do something different with the porkchops tonight. how would i go about baking them? its 4 medium sized bone in chops. we are gonna be having mashed potatos with gravy and broccoli with home made cheese sauce.

dreamangel06

Asked by dreamangel06 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Food & Drink

• my MIL marinates them in a little bit of lemon juice and garlic powder (and white wine if you have some), then bake or sautee. hey, don't knock it til you try it! it's one of the only good things about her.. LOL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Our favorite way to have pork chops is breaded with crushed French's fried onions. Similar to the chicken recipe they advertise, only I don't do mine according to the package. I salt each side of my chops, roll in egg, then through an onion/flour mixture. Place on a baking sheet topped with a cooling rack (helps heat circulate and whatever fat there is to drip rather than have the chop sit in it). Bake at 350* for approx 30 minutes depending on thickness.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I like marinating them in basil pesto then grilling.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• those all sound great!! i'll have to keep them in mind. we have very limited spices right now so i'll probaby do a very basic seasoning and bake em. i forget that everyone has sooo many different ways to make the same thing.
    dreamangel06

Comment by dreamangel06 (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• next time you make them try this - my SO said they were the best pork chops he ever had. I started with thick bone in chops from Fresh Market (good chops make the difference) - I put TBSP of soy sauce in with 3 TBS egg white (about 1 egg white, I happen to buy egg whites in the carton), dredge the pork chop in flour, dip in egg/soy mix and then press them into a bowl you have put browned panko bread crumbs (japanese bread crumbs you will find either in ethnic aisle or with bread crumb aisle). You have to brown them slowly for a few minutes in a skillet - shake the pan like you are making jiffy pop. Now in my panko mixture I put emerils BAM seasoning and anything else you might like salt, pepper, i put fresh chives (whatever you like really) then I baked them on 400 for about 45 minutes to internal temp of 160 degrees. The panko kind of puffs up to make a baked on stuffing. THEY WERE DELICIOUS. I keep panko in my freezer.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• @8TinkerBoo8 that sounds great!!! I'll have to try it!
    dreamangel06

Comment by dreamangel06 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Shake and Bake baby!!!!
    vishuz1

Answer by vishuz1 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Try Lemon Pepper seasoning & olive oil
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011