solids on the way out....

I am going to start feeding my daughter infant rice cerael in addition to her formula. What bowel changes should I be ready for?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rice cereal can cause constipation, so be on the lookout for that. I found single grain oatmeal to be much less binding for my little guy, so we switched to that after a couple of months of struggling with cannon ball poo.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I've had no trouble with rice cereal (or any changes in poo!) and so far oatmeal seems to be going well, too--and he seems to love the taste! I mix one tablespoon of cereal with two ounces of breastmilk for my guy, so there's not a whole lot of substance to it yet, just enough to detect any allergies and get him used to the flavor!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• rice cereal also caused my son constipation, he would struggled so hard to poo. i started him on it at 5 months and stopped til he was 6 months and he did just fine, i feel his tummy wasnt ready for it. he eats soilds now with no pro.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My daughters poopy diapers have increased. She has had no problems with constipation. Its so cute!! Its like a game to her . . . a tasty game!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Consistacy color and smell
    scoke19

Answer by scoke19 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2008