What do you think?

We have been TTC for a year now, and i have not been late for my period in like 8 months. I am not two days late for my period and i do have some symptoms, but i took a test today and it was negative. I dont know if i should keep taking test, or what, i have called to see the doc but my doc does not have an appt open until mid april. Please not rude comments, i am new to all of this and i though who better to ask than you moms who have been through this. SO...what do you think?

arkelly2188

Asked by arkelly2188 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• If you don't get your period in a few days, try pregnancy test again.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Wait about a week (I know it sound like a looong time lol) & if you still don't have your period, test again. Also make the doctor's appointment anyway. You can always cancel it if you get your period before then.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'd wait a week and then take a test. It can take time for the hormone to build up enough in your system to register. Those early detection pregnancy tests say " up to 5 days before your missed period" but that doesn't mean it will work for everyone. I took a test before during and after my "period" with my daughter because I knew we had an accident and I was paranoid. None of them showed up positive. I took one a week later randomly because I had one left and I thought what the heck and it turned out i was pregnant.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 5:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Try waiting a few days, or schedule an apt with a diff doctor..good luck and baby dust to you!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I would say wait a couple days, then test again...but I am OCD about it, so I usually test a ridiculous amount of times until I see a positive or a period.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yes, I would wait like a week or so and try another one. SOmetimes you sre to early to show on a pregnancy tesy but a blood test will show earlier.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• good luck to u i hope u are preggers!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2011