Is it just me or is there always something negative on here about Christians? It doesn't matter what religion you are...just respect one another & learn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I feel the same way. So much negativity. I respect and try to learn from all religions. Some more judgmental than others, but there's good in all of them, if you choose to look for the good rather than judge.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• THere is always something negative about many beliefs on here....it's NOT just about christians.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• There's always something negative on here about pagans, atheists, agnostics, Muslims, etc... too. Not just about Christians. I'm not saying ALL Christians are like this (matter of fact, I know the majority isn't), but some of the so called Christians on here are the most judgmental people I've ever met in my life. And the backlash is negative comments about Christians in general, as a response.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• "sahmamax2-Whether you want to believe it or not the majority of it is towards Christians."

I have to disagree with this statement and agree with sahmamax2. All beliefs get bashed here. I am Christian and have been way more offended by those that share my faith than others. You see what you want to see.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think largely in part is because there are people of other religions that feel the need to be defensive. A few weeks ago there was a question posted asking for help with using a pendulum and one response was "Try reading a Bible! The BIBLE will guide you!". I'm sorry that person wasn't asking about how to gain guidance from a bible. But some christian couldn't accept that.

It goes both ways. Until everyone puts down their sticks together it's just going to continue.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• The last sentence in your OP is correct...shouldnt and doesnt matter to most, just respect and learn. However, the fact that you mentioned Christians means what you REALLY meant to say(but didnt wanna get called out on it)was "It shouldnt matter as long as we respect and learn...from CHRISTIANS".

If you TRULY meant that last sentence you wouldnt have said the first one. The first one is where your TRUE thought lied.

And if you have been around this section you'd know its a give and take. Some days nons are treated poorly and disrespected and other days its those of the Abrahamic faith and other days its athiests. Noone is getting picked on more than another...just varies from day to day.

Cant change anyone but yourself....so the focus should be there.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If you're just stating your opinion...then why are you correcting me as if your opinion is a fact? Your opinion is just that....an opinion.
    The fact is....ALL beliefs get bashed here. It's equal opportunity here.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Let me also add...that disagreeing with a christian is hardly bashing or being negatve. It's debating different beliefs. I see a lot of christians on here taking opposing opinions as someone being negative towards them or bashing them. Ya know the whole persecution complex.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You mean the fact that I have been told at least 3 times today by Christians that I am going to hell because I don't believe what they do?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• " I haven't seen anywhere on here where an atheist, pagan, wiccan, or whatever accepts anything a Christian has to say. They say Christians are brainwashed for believing in a bearded man in the sky. How is that respectful? How is that learning OR teaching? "

WHOA! Back the truck up....don't paint ALL non christians with the same brush. If you look through this section...you will notice MANY non christians replying with respect towards christians. You will notice some replying disrespectfully...you will notice some christians replying respectfully and disrespectfully towards non christians.

You seem to want to label all non christians as disrespectful assholes. WHy is that?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2011