DD is home on spring break

and I have a 4 page paper and 2 finals due by Sunday at midnight. I just now got page 1 finished. I have had trouble concentrating when I'm trying to study because she constantly wants to be in the same room with me. Since we no longer have a television at the moment, I am having trouble finding ways to occupy her so I can get my schoolwork done. I don't have a regular babysitter for her. Any suggestions?

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get her some paper and some crayons and have her draw you a picture. Tell her that she can help you with your "report" and thats what needs to be done. How old is she?
    katandjohnmommy

Answer by katandjohnmommy at 5:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• She just turned 4 on the 11th :) I'm sure she's just looking for attention, but right now I'm having trouble giving my undivided attention to 2 places at once.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Play with her for 10 - 15 minutes, then give her a project to do. Have her draw something or finger paints. You can draw pictures and make a treasure search for her. Draw pictures of different things she needs to look for around the house. Have her put them in a basket in the living room and when she has found everything, you can play again. Give her a bubble bath. Can you do work in the bathroom with her? Go outside and take your work with you. Take some empty bottles of water or soda cans and she can bowl with balls of aluminum foil. Give her lunch or a snack. When she has played by herself a little, give her some of your attention again. You can also wait until she is in bed. Actually, night is when I do my best thinking. Good luck. School is so much harder with kids.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2011