Why say one thing when you mean something else? adult content

why are some people so bad about saying what they actually think?
Things like making a point of telling someone how much they love their earrings, then as soon as they are out of earshot they start going on about how much they actually hate the earrings.
if you didn't like them, why would you make a point of saying that you did if you weren't even asked?

or if someone asks you if you want mint chocolate chip ice cream, why not just say no thanks, I'm partial to chocolate instead of telling them "yes! that is my favorite flavor, wonderful idea" I've got a SIL that does this all the time. when she goes on about how great something is, you just know she hates it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I have no idea. I am not that way at all. Maybe it's just your sil.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 5:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't know- I'm always saying what's on my mind. I don't sugar coat things, I'm straight up with people. Life is too short for that stuff.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have no idea. That is really odd behavior. I am kinda blunt. I would probably just ask her why she does it.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 9:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• maybe she is one of those people that doesn't like to make others feel bad or unhappy by saying the truth. i have a friend who will eat something or do something she can't stand just because she can't stand the idea of hurting someones feelings or having them mad at her.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 10:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• "maybe she is one of those people that doesn't like to make others feel bad or unhappy by saying the truth. i have a friend who will eat something or do something she can't stand just because she can't stand the idea of hurting someones feelings or having them mad at her. "
    doubt if that's it, I think she just tries to look perfect. this is the same SIL that will tell you something is great and she's all fine with whatever, then you hear later from her about how horrible it was for her that you did that.

she's got a medical problem and I've considered talking to her doctors, wondering if she's not remembering correctly. But then maybe she's always been this way and it's just a example of why you shouldn't lie because you won't remember what you said later.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2011