My personal life upsets my son

The other day I had a very stressful day of work, that evening I was watching TV with my son, and I got a phone call from a friend of mine, I told him I couldnt go out and I was tired and stressed out anyway, he asked if I wanted him to come by to cheer my up, I said sure sounds good. He came by and watched the game with my son and I(hes 15 btw), during the game he asked me what was wrong and I said im tense and stressed thats all, so he gave me a shoulder rub, a little of that and he started getting a little touchie with his hands and I started giving him sweet little pecks, before he started getting too touch I IMMEDIATLY, told him to cool his jets and put my son to bed, so we could be alone. I let my son watch the rest of his Celtics game, and then bed time it was a little after 9pm a little earlier than his bed time but nothing crazy he was a little upset. Anyhow, after I put him to bed, my friend and I started fooling around, one thing lead to the next and we ended up in my bedroom. The next morning way before the alram went off my son walked into my bedroom and I was still asleep in only a tight tank top and a thong, I was cuddled on my friend, he didnt re lock the door when he got up to go the bathroom, my goal was to ahve him put of the house before my son woke up, and now my son is super mad at me? Did I do wrong? What should I say to him? he obviously knows the two of us were intimate! I feel like im a bad mom!

skinnielynnie

Asked by skinnielynnie at 5:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I think you should talk to your son and find out what is going on inside him and adjust if necessary to find a solution that works for everyone. I wouldn't act like that in front of my child personally but I don't think your a bad mom.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 5:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't know, depends how many times over the years this has happened.. Is this more than a friend or do you do this with more than just him? it sure isn't setting a good example of what you should do with "friends" if they are only friends and not serious. I would be uncomfortable at that age if my mom was making out on the couch and some random friend slept over if it wasn't serious. JMHO
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree.... talk to son. BUT also u need to have a chatty kathy w/your "friend". that behavior WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE in front of any child.

your son could have taken offense also to the fact that HE WANTED MOM TILME BUT ended up a 3 some and touching.
    There is a time and place for that.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 5:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• At that age boys dont want to know about their moms sex lives.

Answer by gemgem at 5:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• so let me get this straight, the kid had to put be a witness to you two making out, then he had to be sent to bed early so you could get laid. Did you provide him with a pair of ear plugs, because chances are he had to hear it while it was going on.

then because the adults in the house didn't have the sense to either make sure the door was locked or make sure that the boyfriend was gone by the time he woke up, he actually had to see you two in bed together.

Do I have this right, or did your son have a front row seat for something else that didn't get mentioned?
    Anonymous

• whats more important to you , whats your 1st priority ,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It's your job to act like a mother, not a horny teenage girl.
    And you have to put your 15 year old to bed?
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 5:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• "he obviously knows the two of us were intimate!"
    yes, I'm sure he does know that, but he's a kid! why did he have to know about that at all? no one wants to have their parents sex lives shoved in their faces.

I consider myself one of the most open minded people I know, but your post literally made me loose my lunch.
    I think that you need to reconsider when and where you and the boyfriend have your private time. I think you owe your son a big apology.
    Does this sort of thing really need to happen when he is in the house? maybe a lot of it wasn't planned, but you two are adults, no 15 year old kid needs to have that shoved in his face.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• wow wow easy pp, the posters problem is that she thinks her son is 8 years old instead of 15, i think she said, you put your 15 yo to bed at 9 pm to have sex, thats a little early but it seems as if the poster is very protective is that correct? You didnt do anything that bad, your sons 15 he knows more than you think, just have a talk with him, your a goregous gal btw im sure all of his friends talk about you in sexual ways any how just ne honest and dont ridiculously sugar coat it, dont say things like private time or adult time or alone time, hes not 5 say having sex of being intimate.
    lilaZian7s

Answer by lilaZian7s at 6:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'm not going to call you a Bad Mom but, WOW....... there is a Time & a Place for Everything- i'm having a hard time understanding Why you would have to put your 15 year old to Bed in the first place & did you think about how Embarrassing it was for him to sit there & watch his Mom & her Friend Make- Out on the Couch while he was trying to watch the game & then be put to bed?? it doesn't sound like there is a whole lot of Respect going on with your son- he was Embarrassed & his Feeling were Hurt- that is why he is Mad! WOW!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 6:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011