Give your kids some ear plugs adult content

why is it so many people claim that don't let their kids watch certain movies with sex or hear certain music because they don't want them exposed to that sort of thing, but yet have no problem having sex where the poor kid can hear the whole thing?

sorry, but I just read a post where someone wondered why a 15 year old was mad because of her stay over date. touched a serious nerve from when I was a kid.
before anyone asks, no, I did not think it was a beautiful thing that it showed how much my parents loved each other. No kid should have to hold their pillow over their head while trying not to hear 'I'm going to F*ck you' coming from their parents room!was it really too much to ask that they have their fun when I was out of the house? or why not take it into the basement?

gives me the shivers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• LOL
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Because a parent shouldn't have to wait until child is out of house. Once kids are in bed ASLEEP who cares. Sometimes it's the only time parents can be together.

I know that I make sure my kids are asleep before my s/o and I do anything (besides kissing/cuddling). One night (no we weren't loud) oldest woke up wanting a drink there was nothing we or he could do that he saw us in the act.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• red head mommy2, I see your point, but the whole asleep factor is what I mean. I'm glad that you stay quiet and I hope your kids don't hear it, but my parents thought they were quiet too. as far as waiting until everyone is asleep didn't matter because it was their 'quiet sex' that woke me up!

"Once kids are in bed ASLEEP who cares." because so often the kid ISN'T asleep when the parents think they are. ask your friends how many times they probably heard their parents going at it when the mom and dad thought they were asleep!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i agree, it find it disturbing also
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I can see why what you heard would be disturbing, but I don't agree that parents should have to wait until the kids are out of the house (whether you mean for an evening or moved out, makes no difference), or go to the basement. It is the parents home, they can do what they want. Should they try to keep it quiet so you, the child, doesn't hear? Sure. I know I do. But the child does not get to dictate what the parents do and don't do.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011