I know there's no cure for colicy babies but is there something to help them?

my baby is one month old and i cant seem to figure out if she is allergic to dairy or is just really hard to burp.. because she is not an easy burper. any sugg? i work for a pediatrician and our paitients always say oh my first baby was a breeze and my second one was really hard! now i defently know what there talking about..

proudmommyof612

Asked by proudmommyof612 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gripe water. In any drugstore.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 5:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• When my DD was colicky, I made real chamomile tea, (from the dried flower tops NOT tea bags) sweetened it with kayro syrup and diluted it 1/2 & 1/2 with water. It really helped her
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My daugter responded well to Mylicon AND, we had to burp her for 30 - 45 minutes after each feeding. Then we realized that we could help the air out by burping her upright for 10, and then laying her down on her back for 15 seconds and then picking her up again to burp. Most of the time, she would burp on the pick-up. SOmething about the brief horizontal helped that trapped gas get up
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My son was really really bad. Others had suggested Mylicon but i was adamant that I wasnt going to give my infant medicine if I could help it. I finally gave in and it was a miracle. It changed my life from the constant crying/burping/bouncing/rocking/feeding thing I was doing to a much more enjoyable way to parent!
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 6:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• mylicon gas drops or gripe water can help if that's the problem
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My son was colic and didn't seem to be helped one bit from mylicon, I gave him gripe but I think not long enough when I look back now, at 12 months we did realize he did have a dairy allergy so you could see if they could put you on alimentum or nutramigen.. we tried as much as taking him to the chiropractor and that helped a little.. I wish there was a cure for colic, but there isn't.. support and CM was the only thing that helped me.. pm me if you want to talk more.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I will live by Gripe Water. My Daughter was colicky for a little while and Mylicon would not relieve her colicky only gripe water. and the best part is that is all natural.
    Polyana0407

Answer by Polyana0407 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Gripe water-- get the off brand its way less expensive.
    Meltopia529

Answer by Meltopia529 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2011