What to expect...

I have always heard that you should expect an answer to prayer. If you talk to God you should trust in him to answer you. So, what kind of answer am I looking or listening for? Whats going to happen?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'll give you a recent example. I had a miscarriage in July. A couple of months later I was on a spiritual retreat by myself and had just had a really good walking meditation. I was reflecting on my lost baby and my grief, and I suddenly realized that I was mad at God. I looked down and saw on the ground a tiny slip of paper that said something about the answers are always there, you just have to look, or something like that.

(cont)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Depends on what you prayed for. God doesnt answer every prayer if he did can you imagine how many millionaires we would have in the world? He does answer those he feels the need to. Some life lessons though we dont get saved from. But if your looking at an answer you should get some sense of peace, or see things related to your prayer, or out of the blue someone answered it. Its hard to explain since God works in mysterious ways. Sometimes you just get a yes answer (sense of peace).
    One example I prayed God open my dads eyes, hes very selfish and self centered. My mom called over the weekend to tell me my dads been asking how many times does he have to hear he cant take it with him? hes had the same sermon now three times since I prayed for him.
    Anonymous

• I have found that when I ask God a question from my heart, something important, the answer generally comes from within me. It's my voice in my head talking to me, but I'm not the one making it talk, if that makes any sense. And it is usually very fast, like the very second I am done asking the question. And it is also often an answer that I'm not expecting or hoping for, or it's something that doesn't make a lot of sense at the time but later on it makes all the sense in the world. I also find that these "messages from God" are repetitive. I keep getting the same message over and over for a period of weeks, months, or longer.

(cont)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• So I cried out to God, "So then give me an answer. Tell me why did I have to lose my baby?" And the answer that I heard in my head right at that moment, clear as day, was "Just wait and see." Huh? What the heck does that mean? And how is that supposed to make me feel better? (At which point I realized that God is not here to make me feel better... sometimes life has to hurt.) Well, since then, I have gotten that "Wait and see" message at least a dozen more times, from friends, in books, and from teachers. It has become my theme, and I've realized I am very very BAD and waiting and seeing. I want it and I want it NOW! Lol... So I think this was a lesson from God, something important for me to learn right now, a crucial step on my spiritual path.
    BlueFrogMama

• God is in the business of answering prayers. He does hear all of them. Sometimes, in the past when I've been in hard times for instance, no job and money is running out. I've prayed and prayed and it seemed as though the prayers weren't being answered. God is an on time God, when we think things should happen now and they don't we sometimes get discouraged and think He's not listening or doesn't care. But He doesn't answer prayers necessarily when we want Him too, but He's never too late. I agree w/ bluefrogmama and anon on there answers also. You may get your answer through a scripture in the Bible, a sermon, a friend or peace. If you want to do a confirmation w/ God to make sure it's Him answering and not just your own will, make a fleece with Him to confirm.
    T.C.38

Answer by T.C.38 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• cont. - Concerning the fleece, you can read Judges chapter 6 to see what Gideon did to make sure it was God telling him to do something.
    T.C.38

Answer by T.C.38 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It really depends on the question(I agree with all of the above) ... when I was a child I used to pray for God to give me things Especially a baby sister. ONe day I told my mom that I didn't believe in God anymore because he never answered my prayers. When I explained to my mother what I had prayed for she smiled and told me that God had answered my prayers, He had just said 'no'. I think she was just trying to help her child to not loose faith but I truly believe she had a point. Sometimes the answer is just 'no'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Bring your requests to the Lord and Always pray that His will be done not yours. He works all things out for the good for those that are called according to His purpose.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Remember this is not your home (earth) hold on to things loosely. Surrender it all to Him. Keep you mind on pure and holy thoughts trusting God. Our home is in heaven for eternity if you have accepted Jesus as your savior.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• sometimes he sends people to help you or you get a warm feeling asking if something is true or going to be ok or sometimes he doesn't answer when you feel you need it. then you make a decision and he answers it then by providing something you never expect. i was told a story. this lady was pregnant. she didn't know what to do. she prayed and never got an answer. she realized that the answer didn't come cause the lord needed to have this man step up and have the opportunity to make the right choice. which he didn't then she knew she should give up the baby. it was gods hand staying her decision cause he needed to hold this man accountable for his actions or decision. just have faith it will happen and pray to know what the answer will be when he gives it to you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2008