Have you ever felt like...

I have had real severe muscle spasms in my neck and then radiates thru the shoulders and half way down in between the shoulder blades. I had a real bad whip-lash accident approx 13 or so yrs ago. Well for the last few yrs, it seems to be progressing and is gettig extremly painfulto the point I went to the ER cause every time I moved it hurt so bad I actually thought I was gonna pass out I even saw my vision darken! He gave me a shot of something and within minutes the pain and stiffness was gone, well not completely, but I could move my head without the fear of passing out. Yesterday, I started to get the pain again, and I wen to my doctor but ended up seeing someone else. Explained everything to him ect. On a scale of 1-10, pain was a 10. He was reading my chart when he noticed I had bipolar disorder. I looked at him thinking,"ooooook and that matters why?" He then comments that he better not give me a narcotic pain relievers cause of the possibility of addiction. I was so stunned, its a wonder why my jaw just didn't hit the floor and break and scattered everywhere. I just told him that flexril didn't have any effect on the level of pain I was in. I was using heating pads, advil, the Icy-Hot patches, trying not to move real sudden like ect, and it wasn't helping me like it used to. So out of that whole conversation, he must of thought I said "Vicodin" or "Oxycontin". Because you know how much "advil" sounds like vicodin so I can understand why he got confused! Dumb ass...lol Has anything like this happen to anyone?? What did u do??

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Health

• I HATE it when the doctors pull that c**p. It would be totally different if you had a hx of addiction. I am sooo sorry.

I am not against changing primaries when they start to label like that.

And, here you are . . honest about your emotional health . . .and you get it thrown in your face.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I just live in Pain!! I was in several car accidents. The innocent victim. Add to it my 32 years of Migraines!! Even a Skull fracture & many concussions and what not.. Whip lash Etc.. I never had good health care!! I was a innocent passenger & my side of the car was "totalled" out & I was 6 mos. Pregnant! Nothing has been easy for me!! 2 Years ago. DH lost his job & our insurance. Then in 2010 I get triple Negative Breast Cancer!! 3 Chemos & radiation. Its much worse now.. I so feel for you!!! Hope. I so Hope you find your help, Care, right DR. & any pain relief!! Know you're not alone!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yup our wonderful health care system at work!! With doc like this, or needs witch doctors?? To me their one and ther same.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011