Games or activities with child

Im taking care of my bf's daughter. Right now we are just eating and watching Beverly Hill Chihuahas then part 2 haha. What else can we do later? Unfortunately, I have no craft supplies, no outdoor toys plus its raining and cold, and my kid games are left at my grandma's house. We will be baking before dinner so it'll be ready by then. But im not sure what else we can do. What do you do with your children? Or siblings? Etc.

lilshortie415

Asked by lilshortie415 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• You can play I spy with stuff around the house, you can play a name game I play (we use music but you could easily adapt it to cartoon chacter names) For example: I start by naming "Cinderella" so now she has to name a cartoon character (or whatever topic you choose thats kid friendly) that begins with letter your name ended with - so that is A - she could name any character that begins with an "A" like Aladin, so then you would have to name a character for "N" and so worth. We can occupy ourselves for hours on that game. My SO and I did it one night for 3 hours on the name of bands alone to try to stump each other - we called an impass! HA HA. Have fun girls!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If I didn't have any of her toys or games to play with, we'd probably build a fort or bake cookies/cupcakes. Really anything can be a toy or just get her imagination going. Play princess(use a hair band as a tiera, blanket as a cape), fairies(use a spatula for a wand), or tea party(use your coffee cups or dixie cups), or get her talking to lead the way.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I like the fort idea. If you have a can or plastic bottle with a top, you can put beans or small items in it, put the top back on it and you have an instant noise maker. Now march around the house singing songs really loud! Let her make up the songs...you can help with silly ideas like...Rain Rain Go Away, Little Baby wants to Play. But you must be banging something and making noise in order for it to be fun! LOL
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 7:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You could play hide n go seek, or you could play make up and do her hair and let her fix you up, too. My daughter loves to do that. Does she like music, sing songs and dance. Do you know any funny stories you could tell her about her dad that she might not know, my stepson always enjoyed when I would tell him something funny that his dad had done. And you can always ask her what types of things she likes to do? Good luck and just relax and have fun.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• By the way she is 4 yrs old.
    lilshortie415

Comment by lilshortie415 (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Also, she hasnt had much of a childhood for example, she does not know any disney movie ever made. since me and my bf got together i have brought in toy story and cars into the house. basically thats all shes seen. she doesnt know how to play anything or share. well like i said basically, no childhood. how can i help with that.
    lilshortie415

Comment by lilshortie415 (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2011