Did/do your parents have heart problems

do you worry you will ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Health

• Yes, my mom died of a heart disease. I worry because it has been found in several of my relatives as well as heart attacks and strokes. Diabetes is also a HUGE concern of mine, it skips generations in my family. My mom had it so now I'm afraid one of my children will end up having it sometime in their life :/
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't worry about it, but know I will probably die of a stroke or heart attack. My mom died of stroke, my dad died of congestive heart failure. She was 78, he was 77. I am now 63. Her first stroke was at 59. I currently have PATs and poor circulation in my lower extremities, all are indications of probably problems in those areas. I have always maintained my weight, ate properly and exercised, but that didn't help my mom any, she did too. I have also had TIAs (mini strokes) already.
    I just don't know when it will happen.
    tngrandma

Answer by tngrandma at 6:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yes, I do worry. Thank the Lord, my father has survived 2 heart attacks & even more attacks of hypoglycemia from diabetes(HUNDREDS). So I am very concerned for my health as well as the health of my children. Both sets of their grandparents have a history of heart attack, stroke, diabetes, cancer, & kidney disease.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 6:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My dad died of a massive heart attack at 47,my died from a stroke. Strokes can be really debilitating and I'm scared. I did go see my doctor and I have high cholesterol its not real high,and I also have high blood pressure and I need to lose weight. I'm scared.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• YES! My dad had a triple bypass and it worries me that me and/or other members of my family will suffer heart problems. I really worry about my hubby, who already suffers from high blood pressure though he is not 30 yet.
    mommatara1268

Answer by mommatara1268 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yes both my parents had heart problems. Father had first heart attack at 42, Mother died from congestive heart failure. My older sister and two of my younger brothers already diagnosed with heart problems/conditions. I worry about it all the time.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My dad had heart issues. He had a heart attack when he was in his mid or late 50's and survived, thank God. But he was a lifelong smoker, and didn't eat very healthy foods. I lost my dad to liver failure 6 1/2 years ago.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My dad does and I do too - I was diagnosed after he was, a little over 5/5.5 years ago.
    Anonymous