Pampered Chef Chocolate Lava Cake

I would like to make the Chocolate Lava cake recipe by Pampered Chef, but I do not have the rice cooker. I love the cake and the simplicity of the recipe. Does anyone know if I could cook it in something else or do I need to wait until I can order the rice cooker?!?!

jekrmom

Asked by jekrmom at 6:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Do you have to have the Pampered Chef rice cooker? The sell many different rice cookers at Walmart and Target
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You just need small pyrex bowls or ramekins:

Mini Chocolate Lava Cakes
    Serves 6
    4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (1 cup)
    4 oz. (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
    3 large eggs
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 1/2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
    Directions
    Coat 6 6-oz. ramekins with cooking spray, and dust with flour.Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler, stirring often. Beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer at high speed 3 minutes, or until thick and pale yellow. Fold in chocolate mixture. Sprinkle in flour, and whisk to blend. Divide among prepared ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap, and freeze 6 hours, or overnight. Preheat oven to 400F. Place ramekins on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, or until puffed and set around edges, but still somewhat soft in center. Let stand 1 minute. Run sharp knife around edges, and invert onto dessert plates. Serve hot.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• sounds heavenly!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Ooooh, I had that at a party once....SO GOOD......I remember the host running the party just baking it in a glass pyrex pan....
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 7:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Ive made choco lava cake in the crock before
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I make it in our Deep Covered Baker... delish!!!
    weberbaby

Answer by weberbaby at 12:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011