Breastfeeding and Marijuana

How long does marijuana affect breastmilk after smoking? What exactly can it do to the milk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Seriously, why are you even asking a question like that? Probably, the same as alcohol. Why don't you ask your child's pediatrician what they think.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Really...?? WOW!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I smoke weed occasionally and breastfeed.
    Anonymous

• I breastfeed and smoke pot. I won't hide. Say what you will. My children are fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I actually read somewhere that a very small percentage of the the THC gets into the breastmilk, but only for a short period of time. My friend smokes and is breastfeeding. Her baby seems fine, but I personally wouldn't be able to do it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Marijuanna and parenting in general aren't compatible. Your child needs you to be an alert advocate for her care, not a doped pothead sitting on the couch. Pathetic.
    Anonymous

• IMO the biggest risk with this is that it is an illegal drug and you CAN have your child taken away. That alone makes it completly not worth it IMO.

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-smoke-marijuana-while-breastfeeding_3131.bc
    http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/marijuana.html
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• she asked for an opion not to be bashed!were i come from everyone smokes weed,i havent in over 2years, nothing wrong with it as long as her kid isnt going without.weed doesnt effect ur child,ur body absorbs it so nothing passes
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 4:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• This is why parents need counseling before reproducing!!
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Krysta622

I breastfeed and smoke pot. I won't hide. Say what you will. My children are fine.

But you have issues with parents piercing their daughters ears as babies.....????

OP: It's probably not the best idea
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008