Going away =[

my husband is going to peru to supervise a job for 6-12 months and if all goes well he might stay 2 years. I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna deal with this,how do you ladies deal with your husband being gone? I have four kids ages 10-16

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• There's no way you can go with him?
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I would go with him.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I can't he doesnt want to pull the kids out of school. And their school is different out their,husband says their isnt any school.Its a spanish speaking country.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• 2yrs is a reallllllyyyy long time. Have you considered going with him? Is he the only one available to supervise the job?
    Anonymous

• Would you be able to visit during summer vacation or Winter break?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• were gonna try to fly the kids out this summer maybe we'll see but it would cost a TON of money to fly them out their. If we stayed out their it would be soooo sooo cheap to live.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I know it will be an adjustment for you but you can do it. Maybe he can fly home and visit which would be cheaper than you and the kids flying down there

Answer by admckenzie at 7:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If you have already thought and talked about going with him and was told no you cannot go, then the next best thing is for you to go on with life and let it take its course. You might can go visit often and this may work for you and him. Another choice would be to not think too much about the hard parts of life and try to live life inch by inch. Try not to think about things like sex or money; let those things work themselves out. One way or another it is a different path to a different journey...Good Luck!
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 7:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• could you homeschool the kids online through the US schools?
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I know why you don't want to take the kids. Depending on where the job is, the closest schools may be several hours away. Also, schools in smaller towns may not be on the same level as the schools in bigger cities. I know that is a really long time, try skype. You can see and talk to each other every night. Write letters, text, calls. Hey, at least he has a job. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011