How can I make my eye quit twitching!?

It is driving me crazy. I am pretty sure it is stress-related and it had just been intermitent but now today it has twitched all day long. It took 10 minutes just to get my contact in. It was really hard to make it through the day at work and even looking at the computer screen right now is a little difficult to focus. This is such a random problem to have, does anyone know how to stop it?

Cass052005

Asked by Cass052005 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Health

• maybe your dehydrated?

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I just happen to work for an eye doctor for 20 years! Use warm compresses throughout the day. It's a muscle twitch and can be VERY annoying. If people have it constantly for long periods of time they actually use botox to make it stop. Otherwise, unfortunatly, there really isn't anything else to do. Good luck!
    WonderingHeart

Answer by WonderingHeart at 7:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My eyes twitch too from time to time and my eye doctor told me that for me it is stress related and that time and trying to relax is the only thing that will make it stop. I use some good eye drops and at the end of the day put a cool compress over my eyes for about 20 minutes. Do you have any other symptoms, if so then I would suggest going to see your doctor. If not, then just try not to obsess over it, that will make it worse. I know that is hard to do though. Hope you can relax and it stops soon.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Thanks for the replies so far. I am really stressed out with my job, I have been throwing up every evening when I get home as well as having the eye-twitching. I am going to drink some water and try a compress and try to relax. I may have to see a dr, but I wouldnt even know where to begin!
    Cass052005

Comment by Cass052005 (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I heard that potassium helps with muscle spasms. try your multi-vite, a large glass of water, and a banana.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Try to get some extra sleep too :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• dehydration.... Drink Water.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2011