just a question.

So I'm 5 days past my due date and my cervix is effaced 30%. Still not dilated. The doc wants me to go to the hospital for testing because i'm not progressing. Do you think they may just induce me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Only if necessary! If the reason isn't good enough for you, and you don't want to be induced, you don't have to do it!

Sorry, I just know a lot of docs induce for their own convenience, and I think it's wrong. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Aww I'm sorry you're past your due date, that must suck ass >:( Unfortunately they might make you wait until you're 42 weeks before they induce you. Your due date is just an estimate, like everyone else says. Hopefully you'll start to dilate and get the baby out without having to be induced!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• my DD was 7 days late..and i would have waited longer if need be. docs wouldnt' induce me unless otherwise needed, and even then they said they would rather do a c-section. ( i had a prior c-section) water finally broke, but they did a c-section anyway, cuz i wasn't progressing after 6 hours. i was in tears, i didn't want a c-section at all.
    Anonymous

• 5 days is nothing, don't let them induce you unless you hit at least 15 days past. You are prefectly normal.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 4:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I was 10 days late and went into labor on my own. (I also ended up with a c-section but it had nothing to do with being past due) I refused to be induced. I was going to allow it at 2 weeks late as that is when the stability of the umbilical cord starts to be in question. Do some research and make your own decision don't let the Docs make it for you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It can be 2 weeks later or two weeks earlier but it's normal.If your worried ask your dr.
    scoke19

Answer by scoke19 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Thanks everyone for your answers. I was worried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Nov. 25, 2008